Monday, February 11, 2013

Issue #13

Open Showz

Well, I have to say, I must have had blinders over my eyes when I mentioned how showing has decreased in activity. The ring has been bustling since my seemingly (and thankfully) false observation. For your convenience, there will be a list of open showz and competitions below.

Petzabloo Forum

[x] Standard Catz Show
[x] EBW Catz Show
[x] EBW Dogz Show
[x] Dane Pose Dogz Show
[x] Dali Pose Dogz Show
[x] Pose Fail EBW
[x] Silliest Scenario EBW

RKC Petz Forum

[x] Express Dogz Show
[x] Express Catz Show
[x] Express Catz Show
[x] Express Dogz Show
[x] EBW Calico Show
[x] Standard Dogz Show
[x] Standard Catz Show
[x] EBW Catz Show
[x] EBW Dogz Show
[x] EBW Catz Show
[x] Dali in a Dane Show
[x] Wild Show

...and that's without TPA's and LI's showz...

So, if you're feeling like creating some champion lines, you got a lot of opportunity to make it happen!

Adopt to Show, Show to Adopt

Key0fthetwilight has an awesome idea when she posted these babies up for adoption. There are the usual rules of adopting someone else's petz, however, there is a catch! In order to adopt, you must show your new baby! This is a great idea to support as not only are the catz adorable here, it will support the show ring as well! I myself adopted "Bee", who you can meet here.

Petz Trainability and Passing Down Traits

I had a few questions which I posted on the Petzabloo forum. I'd love to know your input.

Are petz truly trainable?
See, the thing is...I have seen that petz will start to do an action more and more if you reward them with treats and petting when they do well, so I guess they are trainable, but what about with posing? I swear it seems as though the more I work with Bee (one of my show catz) and the more I pet her when posing when I make that whistling sound by double clicking, the more she poses every time I do that double click.

Does good posing pass to children?
If a pet naturally poses well, and so does the mate, will the offspring be good at posing? Or does traits such as good poser, or athleticism not have the ability to pass to offspring?

Now say posing traits do pass on to offspring, what if a pet originally didn't have that trait, but was trained to before being bred?Is it possible for a pet that previously didn't have a trait to be trained that trait (example being posing for this scenario) and then pass that down to offspring?

Very interesting... 


Read morehttp://petzabloo.boards.net/thread/27/regards-passing-traits-trainability?scrollTo=39&page=1#ixzz2Ke6zpV7n


So You Think This is a Real Baby?

New baby Lana

Think again! This baby is a doll. Albeit, very realistic, it is still a doll. The process of creating such a realistic doll is called "reborning". The artists who create such dolls dedicate themselves to fine detailing (obviously!); the hair is put in hair by hair, taking over 40 hours to complete. Some people treat the dolls as real as they look. If interested, you can view a documentary on that here. Would you like to have one?

No comments:

Post a Comment