Thursday, February 7, 2013

Today's Happenings!

Well, it certainly seems like the petz community is bustling about with various stories and happenings. Let's take a look and see exactly what is going on!

Everyone Loves a Putty-tat!

Well, first and foremost, let's talk about some awesome petz spotted today around the community.
I have to admit; I love catz. Of course I love all petz, but catz just have that attitude about them that is irresistible. Key0fthetwilight has some amazingly adorable kitties. Figero, Pistachio, and Sprinkles just caught the attention of Petzabloo today because quite honestly, I would be so proud to call those kitties my own! Figero is a beautiful cat that is based off of Key0fthetwilight's real life kitty (may he rest his beautiful soul) - it is so funny and endearing when a pet in the petz games act just like an animal did in real life, it makes you wonder about coincidences. Then we have Pistachio who was a PUGS cat. Pistachio is hexed gorgeously, and a personality to boot - the pictures shown just allows her assuredly zany, lovable personality shine! Last but not least, Sprinkles is being shown off. Sprinkles is so darn adorable, and obviously based off of one of the best sustenance known to man: cake. Yum! I'd take a little nibble (of course a love bite!) out of her cute, pink frosted cheeks!

PUGS - Not of the Smushable-face Kind

Shops within the Petz Universal Game Site are bustling! It is amazing to see that people in the petz community keep on creating new ideas to keep the zest of the online petz experience alive. I was browsing the shops and came across a few that seemed like they could use a mention in Petzabloo!

I sure hope your petz are hungry, 'cause it looks like Dew's shop has some serious seafood eats! Treat your petz to a gourmet seafood entree, and then wash it all down with some crepes, 'specially baked for you and yours by Sigikid!

You all have to remember too - Valentine's day is all but a week away from today, and Kanami can get you and your petz prepared with an adorable heart accessories set! You know what else reminds me of Valentine's day? Sweets! Why not pick up some adorable donut chew toyz from Rex? Too cute.

Showing Has Declined
Warning: This article speaks of VERY unconventional thoughts and ideas pertaining to petz. If you offend easily, please do not read.

In my absence of only a few months, I've noticed that the show ring has went from pretty dead to prehistoric, dust coughing dead. Hmm. It seems there needs to be a revival of some sort. I wonder if anything could spark an influx of show goers? It seems prizes such as graphics, hexies, bred petz and the like only go so far, especially when there are things like the request boards on various forums, as well as adoptions, and grab bags, oh, and of course, PUGS (which is an awesome thing). It seems that the only way there would be a revival of showz and show goers would be if members of the petz community really "got into it". It seems as though petz has become a lot about creating and obtaining adorable and unique looking petz, which is of course, an integral part of what makes the community what it is, however, what if mind sets were shifted a bit toward a more realistic point of view? What if people started seriously keeping records of their petz show history, put their highly pointed studs up for service (to only select dames of course), and petz were bred for competition? Should I dare say that maybe incorporating a true life cycle to the petz (of course it would have to be player inflicted as the petz do not "die") of birth, life, and ultimately death would be a kick start to the petz community? Suggesting petz eventually die is of course macabre and takes away from the sunny, PG nature of the petz game, however, it is a thought. Sometimes a touch of reality brings new ideas. Once petz were considered seniors, they could retire, and be altered, and eventually live out their days playing with the tennis ball and lazing by the fireplace, watching their legacy go on. How it would be decided when petz pass on, I have not a clue, however, if this idea is not disliked by the masses, possibly is this something we could work with? Petz, just like any other loved item or being, are more valued when the clock is ticking. I'd like to know responses and feelings to this. Of course the idea of infinitely living petz will still be there, there could just be a few that are played with realistically. I in no way intend to take away from the care free nature the petz games bring, I am simply just suggesting possibly a new idea that could revive a bit of "oomph" in the community. Feel free to respond to this newsletter here or e-mail me at litdcf@gmail.com
[/end 2/7/13 issue]

2 comments:

  1. I love the new way you're laying it out!

    I don't think the "petz dyeing" thing will it it off very well and get the community more active. PKC is still active though so I'm not sure I'd call the show ring dead though I really don't get too into that side of things myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I know it is a leap. To think "hey, I know a way to increase activity...kill the petz...", yeah, that sounds REALLY bad. I didn't mean it like that, honest. lol I love the little guys and gals like they're my own real petz. I guess it was just an attempt (even if an odd one) to kick start something again in the show ring (forum rings other than PKC, which I wasn't remembering when I wrote this). Of course, petz is lovely for what it is, I can certainly attest to that. I'm always thinkin' though.

    Thank you too, I'm so happy you enjoy the layout! ^^

    ReplyDelete